Programmes Implementation Platform (PIP)
What is PIP?
The Programmes Implementation Platform (PIP) is an online administration system, developed to streamline the process of implementing the three National Childcare Funding Programmes:
- Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Scheme
- Community Childcare Subvention (CCS) Scheme
- Training and Employment Childcare (TEC) Programmes
It was introduced in September 2014, on a phased basis.
PIP aims to reduce the paperwork associated with the ECCE, CCS and TEC Programmes, simplify administration and enable the programmes to be managed more effectively and efficiently.
PIP can be accessed by Early Years (Childcare) Services who are in contract with the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA), and Childcare Committees. The PIP System is managed by Pobal on behalf of the DCYA.
How can PIP be used by Early Years (Childcare) Services?
When PIP is fully functioning, Early Years (Childcare) Services will be able to log-on, complete and view all their service details in one accessible place. Some of the functions PIP will cater for will allow services to:
Register children for the ECCE, TEC and CCS Schemes.
- Check whether places have been approved
- Appeal decisions
- Register transfers to other services
- Submit Tax Clearance Certs (TCCs)
- View payment status
- Submit a Fee Payment Policy (FPP) to the Childcare Committee for approval.
Where can I find out more about PIP?
The PIP Homepage on the Pobal Website, is the central source of information on the PIP System.
The PIP Homepage includes:
- Supports and Resources – This sections includes a ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ Document and a PIP ‘How to Guide’.
- Latest Updates and Previous News – These updates include information on
- Registration Deadlines, The Appeals Process, Payment Schedules for the ECCE, CCS and TEC Schemes and much more.